Last Updated: May 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. We collect information when you:
- Create an account
- Download or access curriculum and program materials and associated content
- Participate in interactive features of our Services
- Purchase items from our websites or make a donation
- Communicate with us through a third party site
- Subscribe to our newsletter or send an email
- Participate in a contest or sweepstake, or
- Request customer support.
That information may include, but is not limited to, your subscriber name, physical address, email address, phone number(s), credit card or payment information, as well as details about yourself, such as gender, occupation, demographic information, location, purchase history, birthday, any photos of you, school or organization(s) you are affiliated with, and other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect and store additional information about you, including:
- Log File Information: this information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access our website(s). This includes information about your use of our website and Services, your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, and other related information.
- Device Identifiers: this may include information about the type of device you use to access our Services, such as a computer, mobile device, or tablet. This information may also include operating systems of devices and software and network information. We may use software analytics to better understand how people are using our Services on different devices.
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies: Cookies, beacons, tags and scripts may be used to remember information about you, your history with our Services, and preferences. In addition, they may be used to analyze trends, track user movement within the Services, and gather demographic information about users.
- Information From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you directly. For instance, we may collect information from mailing lists providers, or third-party sites.
HOW WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- Diagnose or fix technology problems;
- Send you system and administrative alert messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products or services offered by JLCLM and others, and provide other information and news we think will be of interest to you;
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others which match interests of users;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries or prizes; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
JLCLM is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
INFORMATION THAT MAY BE SHARED WITH THIRD PARTY SITES
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of organizational assets, sale of all or part of our business to another organization, reorganization, or in any other situation where your information may be transferred as one of the assets of JLCLM; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
JLCLM will not sell, lease, trade, share, or loan the information we collect about you to any third party.
INTERACTION BETWEEN OUR SERVICES AND THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- Social Media and Sharing
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button, Twitter Icon, Pinterest Icon or Instagram Icon), which allows users to share their actions on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity providing the social sharing feature. Any information transmitted on those social media sites is controlled by and subject to their respective privacy policies, which can generally be found on their websites.
- Advertising and Analytic Services Provided by Others
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit over the Internet or guarantee that any information you provide may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Some features of our Services require a user name and password to log in. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password secure and not share them with any third party.
- Account Information
You can modify or delete information about you at any time by logging into your account settings, emailing us or contacting us by mail at the address provided below. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us. Please be aware that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
- Promotional Communications
We may send you emails about our Services from time to time. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us by following the directions in the communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
HOW CAN YOU OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
PO Box 605, Newtown, CT 06470