Choose Love For Schools (formerly known as the Choose Love Enrichment Program) is a no cost, downloadable, pre-K through 12th grade, evidence-based social and emotional (SEL) classroom program teaching children how to choose love in any circumstance.
The program focuses on four important character values – Courage, Gratitude, Forgiveness, and Compassion in Action – which cultivates optimism, resilience and personal responsibility. Included elements are positive psychology, mindfulness, neuroscience, character values, and more.
- More than 40,000 educator downloads
- All 50 states + DC
- More than 85 countries
- 1,718,000 estimated students reached since 2016
*Updated October 2019
Choose Love For Schools
STUDIES & OUTCOMES
Annual Choose Love Educator Survey (2018-2019)
- 99% said that they have seen an improvement in classroom climate and in the students’ overall behavior
- 73% said that their students get along better
- 81% said their students have a more positive attitude
- 62% have seen an increase in academic performance in their students
- 95% rated the program “good”, “very good”, or “excellent”
- 99% said they enjoyed teaching the program
- 96% said their students enjoyed the program
University of Arkansas, College of Education & Health Professionals – Exploring the Impact of the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement Curriculum as Implemented at a Therapeutic Day Treatment School using the SEARS-T/A/C (2018-2019)
- “Based on the results, the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Curriculum appears to be an effective way to increase students social-emotional attributes and resiliency.”
- View the University of Arkansas Evaluation Summary HERE
Ka’elepulu Elementary School, Kailua HI – SEL Outcomes (2016-2017)
- During the school year of 2016-2017, Ka’elepulu Elementary Elementary School in Kailua Hawaii was the first pilot school to implement the Choose Love Enrichment Program. The administration conducted its own research within its classrooms and provided the following results to the Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement.
- See results HERE.
State of New Hampshire (NH)
New Hampshire has embraced the Choose Love Enrichment Program (CLEP) as the state’s SEL program. Gov. Chris Sununu’s School Safety Preparedness Task Force recommended that it was necessary to expand SEL statewide. Equipped with this knowledge, Gov. Sununu made implementing CLEP a statewide initiative (the first in the nation to do so). To support this initiative, Gov. Sununu hired support and our team is working closely with his office as well as the office of Homeland Security to ensure all schools have the proper channels to teach the program effectively.
HERE is the first year report of Choose Love implementation in NH.
Courage is one of the elements that had a profound effect on me when learning to Choose Love this year. The program has changed my perspective on life, who I am today, and who I want to be later. Through patience, growth and synergy, and choosing love I am able to implement all these elements in my mature adult life and frame my perspective on the meaning of my life.
Teaching the core concepts of the Choose Love Enrichment Program fundamentally transformed my classroom and became part of our culture. During the course of teaching the formula for choosing love, my classroom climate improved dramatically and students began using the phrase ‘choosing love’ not only in our classroom but in their daily lives. In addition, I personally benefited and was able to use the lessons in my own life. I feel that I am a better person because I implemented the Choose Love Enrichment Program in my class.
This Movement is empowering children to be both self aware and aware of the feelings and emotions of those around them. SEL should be taught right along with the regular classroom curriculum.
Choose Love Enrichment Program is not only for the students but it gives me the important tools to be a better teacher. I learned to use courage, gratitude, forgiveness, and compassion-in-action in the classroom. It has given me the vocabulary to help my students through challenges.
EXTEND THE CHOOSE LOVE CULTURE INTO COMMUNITIES
Everyone can Choose Love!
We are proud to have created programs that support a safe, Choose Love school culture by teaching the Choose Love message to parents, caregivers, coaches, community leaders and local businesses — also for not cost!