Earth Day Mindfulness and Gratitude Exercise
A Minute of Mindfulness
- Close your eyes.
- Take three deep breaths. Focus your attention on the out-breath.
- Observe the scents of the spring air. Open your eyes.
- Scan the landscape for color. Count each color as you see it in your view. Where do you see new life returning to the earth?
- Note the beauty today that wasn’t here last week. Commit to noticing one new beautiful thing each day for the next week.
A Minute of Gratitude
- Visualize your favorite place or thing from the natural world. It could be a park, an animal or a tree — whatever comes to mind.
- Send thoughts of gratitude to this place or element of nature. Fully appreciate this place or creature. Remember how special it is to have this creature or part of the natural world in your life.