- Jesse Lewis Choose Love Foundation Signature Program
- Free online PK-12th Grade Program, requiring only pre and post survey feedback to access
- Social and Emotional Learning Curriculum
- Lessons incorporating important Character Values, Courage, Gratitude, Forgiveness, and Compassion, that cultivate optimism, resiliency and personal responsibility
- Learning these core values helps students achieve academic and personal success through: better self-awareness and management skills, social awareness, improved relationship skills, responsible decision-making skills, enhanced self-control, and positive intention.
- Students have fun gaining a deeper understanding of their brain and how it works. They become familiar with the neuroscience behind brain functions to learn the benefits of promoting character traits. Students apply the concepts and strategies to make connections between their brains and bodies.
- Differentiated by Grade Level, Flexible/Educator Friendly Lesson Plans
- Aligned with Common Core State Standards and American School Counselor Association (ASCA) Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success
- Learned Skills can be applied across the Academic Curriculum
- Comprehensive Units including: Lesson Concepts, Common Core State Standards, ASCA Mindsets and Behaviors for Student Success, Brain Statements, Objectives, Materials needed, Teacher prep notes
- Lesson Plans with detailed directions and scripts including:
- Move Your Mind- Mindful exercises so students are focused
- Make Your Move- Ways to practice Extension Activities across the curriculum
- Family Focus and Connections- Ways to extend learning outside school to family and community
- Major Message: “We can’t choose what happens to us, we can only choose how to respond in every situation.”
- Students learn the Choose Love Formula:
- Courage + Gratitude + Forgiveness + Compassion in Action = Choose Love Formula
- The Choose Love Formula can be used in any situation to promote self-empowerment, resilience, connection, and optimism.
- Students learn the Three Parts of Brain: Lizard, Numbat, and Human and understand how their thinking and behaving are connected.
- Students learn the 3 step motto:
- Leave the Lizard, Nudge the Numbat to Hug the Human and learn to choose which part of their brain controls their responses promoting positive decision making.
- Students gain awareness of the brain science and benefits related to each Core Value (Courage, Gratitude, Forgiveness, and Compassion in Action) which encourages them to be guided by and demonstrate these traits in their thoughts and actions.
Download More Information
Tri-FoldCLEP_TriFold.pdf (141 downloads)
At a GlanceChooseLoveEnrichment-At-a-Glance.pdf (152 downloads)